Monday, March 3, 2008

Church in a Box

This is the epitome of Home Missions. Since we are in the infancy of our church's history, we do not own a building, have a state of the art sound system, or a beautifully decorated fellowship hall.

Therefore the contents of our church are housed in this plastic box. Within it is a large coffee pot, plates, utensils, cups, and other items for fellowship and conducting our meetings.



In addition to this box we used a sound system for the first time. It was no more than my PowerBook connected to some portable speakers. As we gather for the meeting, I used iTunes to play some contemporary Christian music. Then we used Abelton Live for the music my wife used for praise and worship. It takes some getting used to, but it proved to greatly enhance our meeting.

2 comments:

Christina Bousmaha said...

Hi Steve and Kelly! I have been wondering how things have been coming along for you. When I read this post it took me back to the old Towers Lane days. I am so excited for you and all the great blessings that are headed your way. Every church has to start somewhere. You are planting the seeds and in time the seeds will bloom and you will have some wonderful...and funny stories to tell. Love you and I will be praying for you.

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Hi Pastor Steven and Pastor's wife Sis Kelly... It's Noel I am so proud of you guys. I prayed so many prayers for you guys but more than that I believed God would make a way for you. He has and it's only the beginning. God has so much more planed for you. It brought tears of joy to my eyes to see what God has begun to do. You are going to be amazed at the impact your ministry is going to have on San Rafeal. Get ready for revival. Shout now because it's coming... FAITH MOTIVATES THE MIRACLE.. So fuel your faith.. God Bless..Sis Noel Cordova